Sunday 7 June 2009

Another crafty weekend!

Hello and I hope you've had a fab weekend! I've had such a relaxing one crafting (fab) and catching up with housework (yuk!) The weather here has been really gloomy and wet (another yuk!) But I have made a few cards this weekend. For the first one I wanted it to be sturdy enough to hold a few photos and this is what I came up with:I've used the lovely 'Soft Summer' set from the mini SU catalogue with the colours Chocolate Chip, So Saffron and Certainly Celery along with some 'Very Vanilla' Grosgrain Ribbon. The embossed background is my favourite Cuttlebug 'Birds and Swirls' folder, it's so lovely to use. I've finished off with a Choc Chip button from the mini catalogue with some gold cord threaded through and glazed the flowers and leaves with diamond glaze.

My next one, another made with 'Soft Summer' I've used the colours Mellow Moss, Choc Chip, and Pretty In Pink'. The sanded background was stamped on Mellow Moss with the same colour ink, then layered with Pretty In Pink, Choc Chip and Whisper White. I've used some of the Choc Chip Taffeta Ribbon along with my Scallop and oval punches for the sentiment.And finally a birthday card! I've used my fab 'Crazy For Cupcakes' set with some 'Summer Picnic' DP. The colours are Real Red and Bashful Blue.
Sorry for the long post! Thanks so much for looking and hope you have a great week, fingers crossed for some sunshine too!
Hugs xx




4 comments:

Aimes said...

Hi Karen! No need to apologise for the long post - it's full of beautiful creations! My posts (and comments!) tend to be like essays anyway!
The rain certainly gives us crafty time doesn't it?!
I love that cuttlebug folder too - might have to purchase that (along with everything else!)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Emma said...

Wow Karen, you've been busy. What a gorgoues set of cards, the soft summer ones especially are so elegant x

Thanks for the thoughtful comment too x

Monica Gale said...

Oooh Karen I adore the beautiful photo holder, Soft summer is such a beautiful set, you are really talented I love your clean style. Lovely just lovely, hugs Monica xxx

Alex said...

WOW: What beautiful cards Karen, you have been busy!

Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see your new creations.

Alex x